Another Year – Another Challenge
Carol and I have now completed three full semesters leading Trinity Bible College. Honestly, they have been some of the most amazing months and we are still amazed at the way in which God led us to the northern plains.
During this time it has been my joy to be the bearer of GOOD news:
- a new roof for Davidson Hall and the old President’s house
- the completion of the state of the art Fitness Center
- a dramatic reduction of short term debt
- an operational surplus in our first year in office
These and other achievements including the recruitment of a world-class team of administrators and faculty, the mobilizing of our students into mission and the vibrant spiritual tone on the College campus have thrilled and amazed us. Frankly, I love sharing good news.
As a result, I have used this weekly email very, very rarely to make any form of financial appeal. Today I want to bring two important things to your attention:
- We do have a real financial challenge facing us in the summer. Good friends and our wider constituency have remained faithful and the College remains sound but the next six months will require unusual levels of giving and support. Recently you received a letter from our VP of Institutional Advancement highlighting this need. I now add my voice in an impassioned appeal to you for a special and generous gift at the start of 2014 to position us for a great semester and a good summer.
- You will notice a new banner for this post. Included is a ‘Donate’ facility. If you click on this button you will be directed to the website and it will enable you to give online. I hope this will help facilitate your giving and introduce many of you to giving to Trinity Bible College for the first time.
So, one more time – I am asking for your best level of help to get this New Year started well. I look forward to continuing to use this weekly email to be the source of more and more GOOD news.
Thank you for your support and prayers on our behalf. From all of us at TBC we send you our best wishes and trust for God’s richest blessing upon your lives in 2014.